The Online Voting form has undergone significant revisions over the past year. Remember all votes are due by April 25, 2017. Surveys will automatically close at midnight.
STUDENT VOTING: (Please email MDBESOnlineVoting@gmail.com for the link) -Please use this link for students to cast their votes AND for librarians & teachers to enter bulk votes. All votes submitted at this address will be counted towards the final vote. Please do not post the link publicly. We want to ensure that only Maryland students are voting.
SANDBOX VOTING: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SANDBOXmdbes2017 -Please use this link to teach students how to vote, to create how-to videos, to make sure your school is listed, to check for errors before student voting, etc. ALL votes cast at this address will be DELETED on a regular basis and WILL NOT count towards the final vote.
UPDATES for 2017:
* Combined Voting: All voting links have been combined into one survey to reduce the need to complete multiple surveys if voting in multiple categories.
* Public School Participation: ALL Maryland Public Schools have been added to the list. Unless your school is new as of this year, it should be included in the list. There is no need to do a participation request ever again.
* Independent School Participation: I could not find a list of independent schools that could be easily imported into my surveys. If you have a list (preferably in Excel), please forward the list to me so I can include as many independent schools as possible in the lists.
* Schools Not Listed: Instead of sending a participation request and then voting, students and teachers can request to be added and place their votes from the same link.
* Bulk Voting Submissions: Teachers and Librarians can input their bulk votes from the voting link.
* Images of Books: All categories include a thumbnail image of the book cover.
* Picture Books/Multiple Choice: The picture books are included in one question, so you no longer have to worry about a student choosing more than one option.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Brittany Tignor at firstname.lastname@example.org.